What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which drosera has such a flower ?

Hi,

I would like to know, if there are any Drosera, except spatulata, that have such a flower. I  would also like to see a flower of Drosera capillars.

Christian

Hi Christian,

This appears to be Drosera spatulata, which as you know is highly variable in both color and stylistic division.

Hello,

The flower is from one of my spatulatas. As many of my unknown have this flower from, i would like to know, if there is any other Drosera with such a flower. The question i actually have is, if i can be sure it's a spatulata, if the plant has such a flower. I know, that it's highly variable. But such a flower with only bifurcated styles and a bright centre seems to indicated Drosera spatulata for me. At least i don't know any other than Drosera spatulata with such a flower. The flower of Drosera capillaris seems to be very similar to the one i posted.

@Bob : Thanks for the links!
Christian

I recently had a drosera (rosseted) pop up with my Ping.Aphrodite's. It is tiny, about an inch or less and flowers just like yours, but less purple, more like a light purple. I will post a pic when it flowers.

Christian,

The first flower on the link Bob  page posted to my web is a little suspect.  I received those plants as D. capillaris, but now I am not so sure myself!  I am waiting for the  plants to flower again, and I will take a closer look at both the flower and the plant.    My apologies for the confusion. How embarassing :-(

I just had a good look at these plants, and although atypical for D. spatulata I believe that is what they are. The photo will soon be deleted, my webmaster has been alerted.

The only other flower I know that is similar to D. spatulata is D. oblanceolata which is similar in shape, although lighter in color than most D. spatulata and with different styles.

Add to that the flower of Drosera x obovata which is very close to D. spatulata.

Back