What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah ha!

Drosera adelae, thats what those wide leaved seedlings must be, I can't see any signs of hair or dew, but if I got my two seedling trays reversed, that would explain everything! I feel much better now that I know what happend. So, mystery solved. at last
smile.gif

-Darcie

It is very unlikely that your plants from seed are D. adelae. This species only produces seed from crosses made between different clonal populations: the plants are typically self sterile among individuals from the same clone. Seed is occasionally offered, but it a rare event as these things go. D. adelae shows a prominent vein along the center of the leaf , even in seedlings - almost as if the leaf were "folded" lengthwise producing a crease. If this vein is absent, you will need to consider other possibilities. Hmmm, sounds like you need to evolve a better protocol to keep track of what you are growing!

Back