What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought I would share a photo

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
Plant ID was not correct.

Plant is Drosera nitidula ssp omissa x occidentalis ssp occidentalis "Lake Badgerup Form".

D_LakeBadgerupFormFlowers9.jpg

Thanks Tamlin and Christer:) .

Are those the same plants as your signature?

Hi Nick

It doesn't look like a paleacea/roseana to me. The red stigmas (?) on the flower makes me think that there is some D. nitidula in it. It is possible that it is the hybrid D. x badgerupii. The rosette picture does also look similar to this plant.

Regards,

Christer

This was how the gemmae were labled when I got them. Since the species is now questionable, any other thoughts? The plants in my signature are the same ones that flowered above. This is true as of 2/18/2003 ( as I change my signature photo from time-to-time).

The time difference between the signature file photo and the flowers is about one month. I will try to post newer rossett photos shortly.

Nick,

Don't know how that happened, but this is certainly Drosera nitidula ssp omissa x occidentalis ssp occidentalis "Lake Badgerup Form".  Give me a few days and I'll get some of the D. paleacea ssp. roseana gemmae off to you.  Apologies for the confusion! Good news is now you have a new plant: bad news is now you have to figure out a way to get the name to fit on a lable!

Hey, that looks familiar...

D_Lake_Badgerup_flower_web.jpg

D_Lake_Badgerup_web.jpg

Back