What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera jacoby

Does anyone cultivate or have any pics/care information about Drosera jacoby? thanks-Zach

Drosera jacoby is an illegitimate "bogus" species, a larger version of D. venusta I am told. It's supposed to be a very beautiful plant. Culture would be as for any South African tropical.

ah, thanks for the clear up Tamlin, guess I won't need to add it into my collection just yet. Oh yea, I'm getting pretty good with the guitar!

Hi Zach,

Just because D. "sp. Jacoby" is illegitimate doesn't mean it isn't a worthy plant to have and grow. It just means that it has no species standing in the phylogeny of the genus. It is too much like D. venusta (which some would say is only a form of natalensis). If someone would take the time to write a description of this plant, and publish it as a cultivar, then it would be legitimate at last, as it deserves to be.

Glad you're coming along on the guitar. The thing is to play it a lot.

Why is this topic pinned? Did you do that?

I fixed the pinned issue
smile.gif

Back