What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheese

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JanW @ Aug. 26 2003,1:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am feeding my plants milk since some time now. All my Drosera like it!

Jan[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Powdered milk or milk milk?
confused.gif
tounge.gif

Hmmm no powder...
wink.gif

I feed them with good german full milk. No low fat stuff or something...after the meal sometimes you can remove the undigested milk remains.

Jan

Just a drop on the leaf then? I'm just going to assume that you're not pouring the stuff on them.
tounge.gif

Well, if cheese works on Drosera, and milk works on pitcher plants and on Drosera, I guess it could work on other plants asswell. Anyone tryed feeding milk or cheese to a ping? Maybe you would get good results to!
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

Greetings & happy growing,

WildFire

I tried American cheeze on my P. moranensis and a leaf died. I guess it didn't like artificial products. It did like powdered milk though, there was a huge puddle of reconstituted milk in the margins of the leaf...it was pretty gross.

Damon

Yes I drop the milk. Use a pipette!

Jan

Jan,

Have you ever tryed cheese??? if so, what did work better, cheese or milk???

WildFire

Good News!!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
My baby adelae is looking like it is going to recover nicely from its cheese experience. 1 leaf is severely stunted, and I dont expect much to come of it, but it has a really nice leaf unrolling now and at least 2 more on its heels... Looks like it is back to its old form.
smile.gif
wooohooooo!!

Very happy
Steve

Yes,
some years ago I tried cheese on Dr. capensis. But I think milk is better. It gets digested in a one to three days.

Jan

Hmm... I'll try the milk on them... I hope they like 2%!
wink.gif

Thank you, Jan, I guess I'll try some milk this winter, when the cheese is all gone... Anyway, how did you find out about the milk???

And Steve, nice to hear that your D. Adelae is recovering! guess the cheese didn't work for you....

WildFire

Back