What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caught in action!

I was in the backyard yesterday and came across this.  A Crane Fly stuck on my D. capensis.  So I HAD to get a pic of it. While I was at it, why not take a quick short movie of it struggling  
smile.gif
  I felt sorry for the little guy afterwards.  Since he provided me with such a great photo op, I decided to free him.  So here's the pic and movie. The movie file size is about 1.2 megs.
capture.jpg

Cool movie

He's not going ANY where!

Great movie of that, absolute perfect opportunity for a video capture.

Hey I noticed the .Mov is in Motion JPEG Video which is pretty big, I have the Sorenson Suite for MPEG-4's I could convert it to an MPEG-4 be about 450 - 500k in size at the same rez. Save you some bandwidth if you would like me to convert it.

Ancalagon,
Thanks, I would really appreciate that!
smile.gif

Rats... My player won't let me see the movie! I guess it's because I don't have QT installed.
sad.gif

The movie is there.  I noticed that it will open what appears to be a blank window.  Give it 20-30 seconds (depending on your connection) and it will appear.  
smile.gif

The movie loaded fine, but I don't have the plugin to run it properly.

Seems some people have had problems with both the QuickTime and MPEG-4 version.  Here is one in Flash, I made it smaller so it will stream even on low bandwith (dial up) (total file size is 163k)

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=160 HEIGHT=120><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://home.pacbell.net/cld_fire/capture_lan.swf><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://home.pacbell.net/cld_fire/capture_lan.swf WIDTH=160 HEIGHT=120 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

Enjoy!

Wow's that's cool!

Anyway how did u convert the movie to a flash file?

Awesome! If only my D. Capensis seedlings would grow faster so they could reach the size needed to catch insects. They are only two months old, so they are still little babies.
smile.gif

SF

Nice cape sundew! (love that red&#33
wink.gif

Oh, that small movie is soooooooooo cool! Thanks for making it able to be viewed by us slow conecters!

Back