What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaking of gemmae!

Vic, sorry that was a mistake by me, the plant I am referring to is D. palecea spp. stelliflora that is still producing gemmae. D. palecea spp. roseana is the current species being sent out and is the plant in the photo graph.

No need to apologise Dustin, I was just pointing out the mistake. It's just best to get names right, especially if the gemmae are going to find their way into the care of newbies etc.

Vic

I got the gemmae yesterday! They were planted right away in a custom 8" PVC pot. Thanks again!

Yikes. I just found the envelope that was supposed to go out with the mail last week. It's on the way now, and I hope there's enough left for me.

Capslock

Relax everyone
smile.gif
Plenty of gemmae to go around!

D. ericksonae x pulchella hybrids are going beserk with gemmae now! I have 1 1 gallon pot full of them 2-4 6 inch pots full of these hybrids also so send for them, just include in your order (not the people who have already sent thier SASE) what you would like. I will include a variety of gemmae if you post here and I have not recieved your SASE yet, Capslock you would be a candidate for this, so your folly might be luck.
wink.gif
So far the people who have been sent gemmae SASE's back are :

homer
Kevin becker
Corey Tiller
Arthur Yin
R. Witt

Those are in transit to you people.

I am expecting 2 international requests, Capslock and anyone else's who pops up in the mail box.

So if your interested in the following pygmy's post here:

D. palecea spp. roseana (this is being distributed now, many gemmae left and to be harvested)
D. palecea spp. stelliflora (VERY limited 3 people can have a shot at these guys)
D. ericksonae x pulchella (lots of gemmae near ready to harvest, a few rosettes can be picked)

D. scorpiodes might be offered this year, I cannot say for now what I'm going to do with extra gemmae. I have one person that asked for it already earlier this year and they will be first served if still interested in it. I need to expand my population of these guys in my greenhouse so i can hopefully distribute all my gemmae next year from my plants.

Cheers

im interested in the rosea it didnt work last time in gemea

o and maybe a rossete of D. palecea spp. stelliflora if possible

NepG,

Would you mind terribly, if I sent a second SASE for some D. Ericksonae x Pulchella gemmae? I don't want to be greedy, but jeepers, all these free gemmae of new species is making my head spin!

Corey A.K.A. SF

Jamie, I'm not giving away rosettes, I meant as the gemmae are ready to be harvested FROM the rosettes, the D. palecea spp. stelliflora plants are my personal ones and I wouldn't even sell them, luckily they produce gemmae to be shared, it is one of my most favorite pygmy's.

Corey, send away my friend! No one is greedy in my book, I just want you guys to take these gemmae up...otherwise they would be tossed in the garbage only because I have no room to support all these guys!

If you don't mind, I would like to take some extra D. ericksonae x pulchella off your hands, since you'd dispose of extra ones anyway, right?  Just double-checking with you.

If u don't mind, can I have some D. ericksonae x pulchella and
D. scorpiodes if there're enough left over after giving away to others with earlier requests?

My SASE with the IRC is on its way. In fact u should be getting it anytime soon since it's been 1 week
smile.gif
If u need another SASE pls let me know again.

Thanks so much once again.

Ok this will all be sorted out, if I run out I'll notify anyone.

Outstanding! I don't have any of those pygmies, so I'll be thankful no matter what you send.

Capslock

Actually I'm skipping out on this one. Thank you for your kind offer tho.

ok ill take one of your best kind for newbies of gamea

Any scraps you can throw my way would be great...

Chris
biggrin.gif

Alright guys, send them SASES  
biggrin.gif

So far the following people have been taken care of:

Kevin Becker
Corey Tiller
Home League
Max Schafer
Mike Fitzpatrick
Tan Swee Hee
Arthur Yin
R. Witt
Oliver

I don't think I missed anyone's name.

Hello,
If you could hold some D. ericksonae x pulchella that would be great. SASE will go out soon. Thanks,
Kevin

I got the D. ericksonae X pulchella gemmae today! Thank you so much! Hopefully, someday I will be able to pass on you generosity someday with zillions more of this little plant!

Must go plant them!

SF

Back