What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera seeds

How do I get seeds from drosera flowers (they self pollinate)? I need an answer ASAP!

Thanks,

Kevin

Most, but by no means all, Drosera will self pollinate. The commonest species: capensis, spatulata, aliciae etc all do. Which Drosera are you growing?

Cheers
Vic

Thats just the thing. I am not growing them, they are wild and I would like to collect some seeds from them(they are just flowering now). I think they are Drosera x beleziana. In will soon have a pic of one I took from down there.

Thanks
Kevin

D. x beleziana, being a hybrid, may not produce fertile seeds.

Really? That really stinks. BTW, I said I THINK they are D. x beleziana, not positive.

Are they only d. x beleziana, or are there intermedia and rountidifolia?(spelling) I'm pretty sure those are the parent plants.
confused.gif

Ya, those are the parent plants. There is intermedia, rotundifloia, and drosera x. belezinia (I think)

That is too darn cool! Ignore my PM, it was before I saw this. Remember, I'm first on your list.

Back