What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with drosera id

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
dentedVFT2.jpg

I purchased this little plant group awhile back. It has been suggested the Drosera is either capensis or intermedia. The flowers are white and it seems to want to flower all the time. I was cutting the flower stalks off, but have now let a few produce seed.

Any help in the ID of the plant would be very helpfull. I believe the plants are from a nursery in Florida.

Hi Nick,

Your plant is Drosera intermedia: the paddle shaped leaves are a good indicator and the clincher are the white flowers. D. capillaris from the southern stations has similar form, but the flowers are pink.

If you are using a natural photoperiod and the plant still has not formed hibernacula, then you probably have a tropical form like "Cuba". Typical D. intermedia has a dormancy similar to VFT's. Even if tropical, the plant should do fine in the same dormancy conditions as the VFT it is with.

Thanks a bunch. I was thinking it was D. intermedia, but I do not have any mature plants to compair it with. Everything else is a seedling or from leaf cuttings.

Back