What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am so happy!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
my D. paleacea ssp. roseana sprouted a few days ago.  (thanks for the gemmae Tamlin :) ) and now it is just big enough to take a picture...   they are pretty small (3 in the picture) compare them to the size of the sand...
later Andrew
12-15-02Dpaleaceassp.roseana.jpg

Looking good there. Hmmmmm, this looks to be Drosera paleacea ssp. roseana: the fastest grower of all the pygmy species, and one of the most prolific gemmae formers. This one certainly refutes the photoperiod restriction theory that gemmae will not form if daylenth is not 12 hrs. or less: I had gemmae on my plants June 21st on the summer solstice!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Dec. 17 2002,6:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looking good there.  Hmmmmm, this looks to be Drosera paleacea ssp. roseana: the fastest grower of all the pygmy species, and one of the most prolific gemmae formers.  This one certainly refutes the photoperiod restriction theory that gemmae will not form if daylenth is not 12 hrs. or less: I had gemmae on my plants June 21st on the summer solstice![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
On the summer solstice? no way! did you screw up their photo peiriod or something?
confused.gif
tounge.gif

Sounds like they may ascribe to the C4 pack.

Peace

Gemmae are fascinating! Isn't that amazing how they show their form when they are still miniscule? I love looking at mine through a magnifying glass. A good while back (as a beginner CP grower), I really hadn't cared too much to acquire a pygmy thinking they were too small to be interesting. Just goes to show you you can't make judgements about a plant without trying to grow it first. I was hooked after my first gemmae (occidentalis ssp. occidentalis). I love seeing those little green balls start to unfurl...and the color! Beautiful....

Suzanne

Back