What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i repot?

i have a ton of spatulatas in a 4" pot,... i was wondering, how do i repot them into a bigger pot so i can put all of them together in 1 pot,,

cus there leaves are like all along the sides so i cant like grab the trunk and pull it out upside down,.... and i ant to put them into one big pot so i dont have to move around all 3 small pots all the time,

so does anyone have any tips on how i could repot them with out like damaging them and taking all the dew away

thanks

Squeeze the sides of the pot, to loosen the soil a little and then poke a pencil or other small object through the drainage hole. This should push the rootball and medium out of the pot and be ready to pot up in a larger one. Make sure you hold onto the medium as it falls out to avoid damaging the plants. Then just plant the three pots of plants in a bigger pot. Hope this helps!

SF

I want to repot my spatulatas too. I'm gonna wait til December though. I was planning on just cutting the plastic pot in half but Snowy Falcon's idea seems easier, saves the pot too.

Drosera seldom have enough roots to become "root bound" . I repot to eliminate any problems with nutrient buildup from the medium breaking down, etc. The root ball pops right out. When I transplant I use the occasion to remove old leaves from the base of the plant, and it's the perfect time to pull off some leaves for leaf cuttings and to transplant offsets.

Back