What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

questions......

Hi. I will ask you questions about drosera,and you answer them! You can also make up questions and quizzes and whoever gets the most questions right,wins! and silver cup goes to the person who answers the most questions right first! and the bronze cup goes to the person who makes the most questions!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I will ask the first question in the next reply...
biggrin.gif

who made drosera rotundifolia famous from the many experiments he made on it?....answer in "The Savage Garden"

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm winning the bronze cup!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

P.S. you can post questions about Drosera, Byblis, Drosophyllum
biggrin.gif

Darwin.
(no i didnt look it up in the book just now. I have read it sooo many times...)
Cole

You know, Darwin never realized the full hit of what he was experimenting with. I once read that in one letter he wrote he wondered if he should even bother to report his findings to the Linnaean Society, he did not find them particularly important, more whimsical than weighty!

wow! I wonder what I would be doing now if he didn't?
confused.gif

yeah i think you should!!! please, make them questions that we can answer though!! i know there are many many you could ask that i could barely read
smile.gif
. but now i wonder... please. ask a question!!!
andrew

Drosera regia is readily able to be reproduced my root cuttings, but which method fails?

yes you can ask questions.whoever gets the most right wins!everyone is sopposed to ask questions
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Drosera regia is readily able to be reproduced my root cuttings, but which method fails?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

In my experience, finding someone who will take the root cuttings.

Carny123

Sooooooooooooooo true, that's rich. I think you should get the prize for that answer! :)

Leaf cuttings are not used to reproduce this species. Darn.

OK, my question -

What is the fastest moving sundew?

i think the fastest sundew is D. sessilifolia...  cabable of folding 180 degrees arround prey in under 60 seconds er something like that.....?
andrew

whew! my comp locked up for 45 min! thought Id have to shut down.
biggrin.gif
just got out

what is the only known way to propogate Drosophyllum?
confused.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Brrtttt, I've done Drosera regia by leaf cuttings, Zach has some from me to prove it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back