What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic sundew husbandry info needed!

smile.gif
Hey everybody,
Well, I have a CP starter kit arriving from PFT and I believe one of the plants is a Drosera sp.Sundew..now I have been learning the basics of Nepenthes and VFT care but I need some basic info on the Sundews so I dont end up killing them.What are the real basic,easily understood requirement for a sundew? heat,sunlight,humidity ect..?
confused.gif
tounge.gif
I hate asking such basic questions but I am really new to plants in general and CPs in particular.I am particularly fascinated by the Sundews as they seem so spooky and beautiful what with all those sticky globs on their leaves..they really look cool...so I appreciate you all being patient with me and I look forward to your tips and info
biggrin.gif

The Evil Spider Hunter

Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

Drosera ( or sundews ) are one of the most beautifull and fascinating geni in the carnivorous plant world.

Because of the diversity of species, requirments vary greatly, so blanket statement instructions won't help you.

For the species offered here though, go to the petflytrap sundew care sheet page for more info.

Hope you have fun and stick around!

cheers,

noah

Back