What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera seedling

Well, I have a small D. Intermedia 'Cuba' seedling that has decided to jump ahead of itself. It is tiny, between 3/4 and 1 inch across and only about 4 months old. Yet when I looked at the plant this afternoon, there is a flower stalk rising from the center of the plant. Is this normal for such an immature plant to flower? I'm wondering if I should cut the stalk so that the plant would save energy and grow into a larger, more mature plant. What do you all think? At least I must be doing something right, if it is flowering already. Either that, or its on its last breath and is trying to procreate before it dies!
Any hints?

SF

D. intermedia 'cuba' seems to flower the day after it sprouts from seed! This guy will flower any time without warning. I have had soo many seeds that I have had to clip off multiple flower stalks that were just begining to arise from the plants. Indeed, a CP weed!
smile.gif

Yaaaay! Maybe I'll have more seedlings from seedlings! Any idea if the flower will make seed as it will be from an immature plant?

SF

It will make seed as long as it stays healthy. It might affect the plant though. Personally I would go for the seed.

Back