What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bum bum bum....!

OOO look, some sort of strange creature has invaded my sundew (who are not yet visible) seed culture thing.

Anyways, I'm gona say fungi... it basiclly looks like someone sprinkled white sand on the soil, it's really untypical fungi and I have no idea what to make of it as it has sat in it's ultra tiney state for 3 days.

So, anyone seen this thing befor and if so do I have a friend a foe or a "just sits their" like the algea? If you don't know, don't start yelling for fungiside, I am already aware of that standerd, I'd just avoid it if possible... specially since this stuff is so... tiney... looks more like some sort of soil fungi... oh hey, I'm going to put some on a slide
biggrin.gif
.... wanders off

looks like most of the un fungi thing has fineshed it's life cycle already... that was fast. On a more exciting note, I have a sundew sprout that is bug enough to barely see, lol. It's one of the ones that germinated underwater last weak that I moved to the soil and lost, lol. I hope some more sprout soon, it's getting anoying having to stare at every little green dot to try and figure out exactly what it is (most end up being the sphagnum I seeded)

well, that white fungus may be two things...

One, it could ba a fungus,it sounds like the stuff that killed all of the plants my mom tryed to grow...

two, it might be fungus nat larvea. the white film stuff you see on the top is the "silk" or "web" that is left by fungus nat larvea. DUN DUN DUN!
wow.gif
IF YOU DON'T SEE THE STUFF ANYMORE, AND THERE FUNGUS NAT LARVEA, THEN THE NATS WILL JUST LAY MORE EGGS! and the worst part, there is nothing to eat the adults, so they will lay more eggs, and that means more larvea!, and that means more of that "silk" or ""web" stuff!, what you think is fungus, and the larvea can...can...can... EAT THE ROOTS OF YOUR LITTLE BAYBYS!

wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
*GASPS FROM THE PEOPLE READING THIS*
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

Hope I could help...wahhahahahahah!(evil laugh)

O.K., This isn't the stuff to joke about...you plantlets can dye!

LOL, no, no nats, unless they can spontainiusly appear which I dought. No, this was some little fungi that just borrowed my soil. It didn't do a thing to the seedlings, sphagnum or algea so it's probubly harmless. It isn't a film, it's little grains of fruiting bodies. I've never seen this type of critter do harm, but I thought I would ask. Eh, will wait and see. On the bright side, I have some seedlings with two leaves ... green dots... a piece now, lol.

if your interested in mould, get some rye, get it to start molding, then culture it. Then dehydate the mould then eat it. pm me if you want to know what it is.

Tsk Tsk Tsk!  Timbud, I am surprised at you, lol.  Your recipe however, is potentially deadly, so I must advise against the experiment.

This is off topic, but you could also bake rye bread after the rye is moulded and dried...
wink.gif

... Not that I suggest anybody do it. Please don't...
wink.gif
tounge.gif
Like Tamlin said... not safe...
wink.gif

Back