What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noah's D. burmannii 'red tentacle'

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
I planted the seeds 3 months ago to the day, Dec. 15th, and one of 3 surviving plants is already sending up a flower scape! That was fast. Hopefully I'll have seeds to share soon. (My friend's little girls LOVE these plants, they are 6 and 10, and already both growing Drosera&#33
wink.gif

Ludwig

Cool! I got some seeds from Noah a while back, the seeds are still sitting in the fridge. Just waiting for the weather to permanently warm up. I'm sick of having nice weather and a week later, cold cold rain
mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (larry @ Mar. 15 2003,9:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I'm sick of having nice weather and a week later, cold cold rain  
mad.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I now how you fill, Larry

Larry,
Those of us in NY feel your pain.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ Mar. 18 2003,5:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Larry,
  Those of us in NY feel your pain.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I've definately been feeling it here. At least the past few days has been really nice. Hope it lasts a little longer at least.

I don't know how most of you maintain such great collections. It must be a lot of work half the year. Ever thought of moving to southern California?

Ludwig, I don't think the growers would appreciate those blasted Santa Ana winds
wink.gif
They blew crap allover my dews.
mad.gif

I know, Drosera hate those dry winds, like someone opened a giant oven door. But they amazingly spring back though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ever thought of moving to southern California? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I've been trying to convince the wife that the Carolinas are a good idea. She doesn't buy it
mad.gif
sad.gif

Hope this doesn't get too far off topic, but I sure wish there were CP habitats here in my area! I've got Darlingtonia upstate (way upstate) from me, I've been thinking of taking a drive up there. ARE there any CPs in southern California??? I've looked but I've never found any in our wetlands.

There are, but there seems to be very little info on the web. Whether it's to protect the colonies, or just the info hasn't been posted yet, I don't know, but there are a few Pings and Drosera.

WHERE?
biggrin.gif

Hi Ludwig,

Apart from the darlingtonias, there are colonies of u. macrorhiza in the lake tahoe area, d. rotudifolia in centralish california, and supposedly some other utrics a pings somewhere. The macrorhiza colonies are definetally worth seeing if you haven't seen utrics in the wild.

As for southern california, I don't know of any wild colonies, especially seeing as how dry it is here.

-noah

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (noah @ Mar. 20 2003,08:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Ludwig,

Apart from the darlingtonias, there are colonies of u. macrorhiza in the lake tahoe area, d. rotudifolia in centralish california, and supposedly some other utrics a pings somewhere. The macrorhiza colonies are definetally worth seeing if you haven't seen utrics in the wild.

As for southern california, I don't know of any wild colonies, especially seeing as how dry it is here.

-noah[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
ooooohhhhh, aaaaahhhh.
smile.gif
I live in the central coast of California! do you know exactly where they can be found in central ca?
tounge.gif

Ludwig777,
I believe goldtrap has seen wild aquatic utrics in southern california... you might want to check it out!
smile.gif

-Spec

Around here it is only cold and rainey on my days off so that I can not work on my gardens. sigh

uh, I forgot to plant mine. I have to find them now. Wow, 3 months? Those things must grow insainly fast. My Spatulata seedlings are like 5 months old and barly the size of a dime.

Spatulata is slower for sure. I also planted nidiformis at the same time which are flowering too and the plants are 4 inches tall. Another fast grower from seed is Drosera indica, in 3 months time they too are very tall although they seem a little reluctant to germinate, but once they do it's very fast growth.

Back