What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Sundews Require Dormancy?

trying to find out which species of drosera actually needs a dormancy and the ones that dont.
tounge.gif

Cold dormancy: rotundifolia, angelica, filiformis (both subs,) intermedia, linaris and the rest of the N. American Dews.

but what of the drosera species that do not require dormancy??

or how about... which PFT dews required dormancy?

---Lane

i dont think any they have require dormancy,except for maybe the binata...

What about the D. Adelae?
wow.gif

D.spathulata, adelae dont need dormancy.

Many drosera dont require dormancy, but some do like rotundfolia, binata, intermedia 'temperate forms' (intermedia 'cuba' doesnt need one)

D.binata and D.binata var. dichotoma types require dormany, while D.binata var. multifida types do not require dormancy.

I think I have a rotundifondila (sorry about spelling), but in another post they said that the plants from gublers are not rotundifondula but spathulata. My question is if I put a spathulata through dormancy just inn case it actually is a rotundifondula will it die? Even better, how can I tell for sure what it is? It didn't look like my other spathulata. It's a darker green and it's neater, I mean the hairs aren't so wild on it. They seem more organized. Can anyone tell from that or answer my other question? Sorry to invade CPSINC.

If it is from Gublers, it is a spath. There are many different var. etc. of spathulata that appear different from each other.

Back