What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone,

Currently the following dews(uncommon) are starting to produce flower stalks for me: sessifolia, neocaledonica, trinervia, paradoxa, dilatato-petiolaris, kenneallyi, and two hybrid petiolaris complex dews. The petiolaris dews suddenly started to flower this week(heatwave).
Anyone have information or instructions regarding pollination. I know that the petiolaris droserae need to be crossed, but how about the other species? Do they self-pollinate without help?
The flowers of the petiolaris complex droserae open in the afternoon and closes by evening. They do not seem to produce pollen readily. How should I pollinate these?

Thanks,
CP2k

The only one I have experience with is D. sessilifolia which does self seed without any pollination.

I have taken the flowers of the petiolaris plants and rubbed them together. This is crude but effective.

I am very interested in growing D. trinervia should you ever have spares, and would be willing to trade for such.

Congratulations on the flowering of so many rare species! I have D. neocaledonica putting up a scape, so if you learn anything regarding the pollination of this species I am interested. It is a real thrill to see this plant thriving at last!

Back