What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the--?!

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
Whoa!! I fed one of the adelaes a little piece of cheese the other day, which I have been doing for a couple weeks, for it digests the cheese perfectly and gives it more energy. But this particular leaf COMPLETELY folded/curled the top quarter of itself over the cheese!!! It's almost like it isn't aware of what species it is! LOL! It's a Capensis wannabe! This has NEVER happened before, and I know for a fact adelae isn't supposed to curl like that! I was stunned to see it's leaf curled around the cheese like that this morning... anyone know why the heck it pulled this stunt?
confused.gif

Greetings,
an astounded FTG

Don't worry, it is a natural occuring for D. Adalae. My D. Adalae does it all the time when I feed prey.

Really??? Because they've never done that before... every time they eat something, even the cheese, the leaves don't usually curl; usually the hairs just engulf it...
confused.gif

maybe there geting more powerful! (trying to take over the world?)

That is the power of cheese! Cheese it is good! LOL
tounge.gif

Travis

Uh-oh... THEY'RE EVOLVING!!!! FIRST IT'S THE BUGS, THEN THE PLANTS!!! GAAAAAAH! Save Earth from the CPs' wrath, Jesus! Please!!!

tounge.gif

My first time seeing them curl got me crazy. I thought something was wrong with them. Maybe it was the sun, then after asking people, I learned they do that. Its amazing =D.

Back