What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dormancy

Hi, I just bout a new sundew (dionaea muscipula) 2 days ago. It hasn't shown any signs or dormancy up till now. Does it actually need a dormancy period and if so do i have to force it to go into dormancy or let itgradually slow up on its own?
smile.gif

Dionae muscipula??? ? That is a venus flytrap, DROSERA is a sundew
tounge.gif
but if it is a VFT then yes it does need a dormancy(refer to VFT forum)

Cole
smile.gif

Oops my mistake sorry, i was looking at the wrong name, ive got both in front of me! lol. Its called Drosera aliciae heheh oopsie. Same questions go for that!

smile.gif
That one is a tropical sundew, and it does not need a dormancy so Keep it growing year round.hope this helps
Cole

Thanks for the advice, ive got one plant that doesnt need to go into dormancy woohoo!! lol.

Drosera alicaie is nice South African drosera that is pretty easy to grow. It can do well on the windowsill or terrarium. If grown properly, it will produce alot of smaller plants within a few months. good luck-Zach

thanks for the info, hopefully it'll do ok, ive not killed any of my other CPs yet so there's a bit of hope! its called spike btw if anyones interested hehehehe
biggrin.gif

Back