What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera ericksonii

I just got a Drosera ericksonii in the mail... First off... Is that how you even spell it? Hehehe...

Ok, I think its a pygmy... But it has more than one flower per scape, kinda like a capensis, and it also has more than one scape up... It looks really healthy, htere was even a flower on it when i recieved it... I was impressed. Hehehe...

If its not a pygmy, Uuuuh... Well. How do I treat it? Its not like I asked for this plant, it came as a bonus with an order I made... I'm soooo happy I got it, I just need to know some exact specs on it, just to feel comfortable...

Thanks alot!
Greg

I don't have a lot to add but I can tell you that there are pygmies out there with multi-flowered scapes cause I have some with 20-30 per and they also have 2-3 scapes per plant
wow.gif

I thnk you are correct that it is a pygmy but don't quote me. Maybe try a Google search as it has the fuzzy logic and offers you a correct spelling if you mess up.

confused.gif
I tried google with many spellings... I'll try more... I think I exude some kind of electrical field that screws things up forme sometimes... I'll go check if it has faded yet...

I found it!!
It's a pygmy, and its Drosera ericksonae. (page 150 of The Savage Garden)

Hooray, thanks.
Time for google research!

Click on link below to see page at Carnivorous Plant Database:

CP Database
biggrin.gif

Back