What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae?

I recently received a D. Adelae, but was a little surprised when I opened it. I was under the impression that it formed a ground rosette, but this one had a stem. My question now is, do D. Adelae's form stems or did I receive a mislabeled plant?

Hi Snowy Falcon-
Click on this link and it will display a wide array of photographs of Drosera adelae
smile.gif

adelae
Also, I make great efforts to assure that the plants I trade are correctly labeled
wink.gif

Thanks Purple Sundew. I didn't mean to reflect anything bad against you, it just wasn't what my mental picture thought it should look like!
confused.gif
It was a free plant D. Adelae or not, and I didn't mean to come off as complaining over a gift. Sorry!

SF- No worries
smile.gif
I was just trying to help..

And just so you know...yes, d. adelae grows upright on a stem, not in a flat rosette. You might be thinking of rosetted sundews like d. spatulata and d. aliciae. (Maybe you mixed up aliciae with adelae?? )

Suzanne

My adelae have reached stem heights of about 3 inches already, and that's not including the leaves themselves. Every time a new sprout comes up from the mother plant's roots, it tries to outdo the others. Each one is taller than the next.
smile.gif

Hope that helps!

Off-topic, but, what are ''rosettes'' and ''ground rosettes''?

SnowyFalcon,

Also, don't know how old your plant is, but adelae leaves are 'rounder' when the plant is very young.

It does grow upright, and will form lance shaped leaves. You most likely recieved a Adelae so I wouldn't worry.

The plants were very young.. just recently grown from root and leaf cuttings. I guess I should have explained that when I sent them.. sorry
confused.gif

Hi FTG

A "rosette" describes a plant shape (sundew or other plants) that is round and flat with the leaves radiating from the center (like wheel spokes) and extending basically horizontal to the ground (as opposed to growing upright). Picture like a buggy wheel.
smile.gif
Ooops! No pun intended! lol

Some sundews are referred to as "rosetted sundews".

Suzanne

Oh ok
smile.gif
Thanks for clearing that up!

Buggy wheel... ***snickers***
tounge.gif

Back