What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your favorite sundew?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pond boy @ Sep. 07 2003,5:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Huh, your girlfriends 8 ft. tall?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
No that's 8" (8 inches) tall. She is 8 inches tall
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Slizarus @ Sep. 06 2003,5:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Scorpioides, Towers of death with puffy white hair![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Yep! Mine are almost as devestating to the fly population as my Sarracenias. Definitely my favorite dew!

I'd have to say my favorite is d. multifida extrema. I don't have one but i wish i did If only i could find somewhere that sells it. My favorite that i grow is d. filiformis.

-buckeye

IMPOSSIBLE to answer, every one of them has something special to offer. I tend to go all sentimental: my favorites are the ones that are nearly impossible to find, usually sent to me by friends. I guess my most rare Drosera species is D. uniflora: a little bitty thing that I shape my life around, LOL. I am also partial to D. falconeri, D. darwiniensis, D. regia, and D. slackii (mustn't forget D. slackii) and then there are the Brazilian species.....!!!!

You simply must grow all of them, how else will you ever know for sure?

I would have to say that D. Capensis Alba and Red form are my favorite sundews. I agree with Travis, I also find it interesting that they wrap there prey in dew.

For those of you who like the "wrapping" 'dews, take a look at Andrew's burmannii photo (if you haven't already seen it). You just gotta love that little fist clenched around a bug.
smile.gif

i made a poll on this just a few minutes ago. great idea pondboy!

Back