What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats your favorite sundew?

I just love all my sundews!!!!  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
 (I only got 2 species...
wink.gif
)

Greetings & happy growing,

WildFire

Hey WildFire, which two?
tounge.gif

Hmm, favorite sundew...that's a hard one. At the moment it's a tie between regia and falconeri.

My favorite of the ones I have would have to be.

Drosera 'Marston Dragon'

It's pretty cool!

SF

At this time, I only grow Capensis "typical" and "alba" (one species for me! ) and Aliciae "typical". I find both plants realy beatifull when its dark, and I shine with a light on them.....  
wow.gif

biggrin.gif
They twinkel & shine in some wonderfull way...
biggrin.gif

wow.gif

WildFire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WildFire @ Sep. 03 2003,2:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At this time, I only grow Capensis "typical" and "alba" (one species for me! ) and Aliciae "typical". I find both plants realy beatifull when its dark, and I shine with a light on them.....  
wow.gif

biggrin.gif
They twinkel & shine in some wonderfull way...
biggrin.gif

wow.gif

WildFire[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I know just what you mean.
smile.gif
You're aliciae are a really nice size in your pic on your site. A little more light and they would be really spectacular. I'm working on finding a dwarf form as we speak.
wink.gif
They really do shine when the light hits them.

That is a tough one...I love ALL my 'dews. They are so sparkly and wicked. They will always be near and dear to my heart.

Hmmm...I guess at the moment d. burmannii with its little pitcher's mitts.
smile.gif
But once my d. slackii gets going it might surpass the burmanii. If I ever get a falconeri then that one might be tops.

Then again, maybe I should just have a "Sundew of the Day" and let each one have their moment of distinction.
biggrin.gif

Suzanne

I'd have to say that my favorite is nidiformis, or intermedia. But really I like any of them that have long stems and red in them.

Steve

Ah.. I'd have to say D. adelae. I can't betray the only species of Drosera I have!
wink.gif

I would like to grow sundews. They do not like me though.

I'm recovering a Drosera spatulata I was given that was in terrible shape. I also have a 2nd attempt at Drosera adelae, not going well.

My favorite that I grow is D. multifida. It has super thick stems and large robust leaves. This plant is so strong, that it doesn't seem to be bothered by high winds.
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (elgecko @ Sep. 03 2003,8:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to grow sundews. They do not like me though.

I'm recovering a Drosera spatulata I was given that was in terrible shape. I also have a 2nd attempt at Drosera adelae, not going well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hey gecko,

With the adelae try less light and more humidity. My plant was doing horrible until I backed the lights off and covered it up. Though my girlfriends is amazingly about 8" tall. Hehe, it looks kind of cool, it grew up instead of rosetted.
tounge.gif

Vertigo,

Thanks for the info.
I have brought my Drosera adelae inside about 3 weeks ago. It has started to somewhat grow again. I found out they dislike full sun, and now I think high temps. I've read were they can tolorate less humidity. What is less humidity?
I have it in a glass bowl which does not drop below 50%. I've been thinking of covering part of the top to increase the humidity.

Hey Gecko,
I would think 50% should be fine. I grow my adelae in the back corner of my indoor tank, which has humidity anywhere from about 40-100% depending on if I have the top on or not, and aside from the cheese debacle (see "cheese" thread), it grows like a madman there.

Good luck
Steve

D. Capensis is my favorite. I find the sundews that wrap their victims in dew the most interesting.

Travis

My adelaes must be abnormal... because, even though I KNOW adelae doesn't like full sun, these two potfulls are in full, direct sun almost all day every day, and they show no signs of not liking it. In fact, they love it; they produce heaps of dew and they grow beautifully. Hmmm...

I like Drosera Regia the King of the Dews. I was so happy when I found one for sell and in my price range.
tounge.gif

Scorpioides, Towers of death with puffy white hair!

Huh, your girlfriends 8 ft. tall?

Back