What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pygmy cuttings

timbudtwo

Shoopdawoop
Are cuttings of pygmy leaves possiable? Just wondering

I have not heard any success with starting pygmies from cutting(then again, each plant can produce plenty of gemmae for propagation, so why bother with cuttings...)

It would make an interesting experiment though, and I think it might be possible! Gemmae are really just modified lamina. I'll ask about and see if anyone has had success along these lines, and let you know.

Yeah, i was thinking it woudnt really be needed becasue of gemmae, but, I havent seen any information on it. I took a leaf of one and im currently trying it.

Keep me posted as to your results. I'll take some cuttings too. Funny that I have never thought to try this, thanks for the idea!

I've been trying it for the last 2 months...nothing has popped up. This doesn't mean it's not possible, for instance I've only had 1 d.capensis cutting pop up out of 20, so perhaps I'm not doing something correct in the first place. I've been trying to do this w/out Superthrive or any other chemicals, just peat/sand/water. Perhaps one of you can try with a very diluted amount of ST, rooting hormone, or tissue culture?

I find that cuttings take better on sphag.

Just my personal observation

Back