What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite sundew?

What's your favorite sundew? - Figured i should make a poll on it

• Rosetted Subtropical Sundews

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Temperate Sundews

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Fork-Leafed Sundews

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Tropical Sundews

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Wooly Sundews

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Pygmy Sundews

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Tuberous(specify;regular, erect, climbing, fanleafed, rosetted)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • South African Winter Growing Sundews

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • King Sundew

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Whatever you pick,please specify what species(don't click this

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Tropical D. adelae and D. spatulata

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with BCK, I just gotta adore that D. scorpioides plants you sent me. It's now got about 4-5 lances per plant for the ones growing inside. The ones outside are a bit slower but can catch lots of prey! Thanks Stephen for the plants!
smile.gif

Tuberous sundew, any type. Easiest things to grow:;):

I'm with Tamlin: I like the Brazillian pygmy forms of the petiolaris complex myself.....

smile_n_32.gif

Joe

I like forked sundews, I like how they divide and divide and I like how tuberous looks like, but I never had one.

I voted Tropical because I love D. capensis, D. aliciae, and D. adelae. All easy to grow and all very cool looking plants! Plus, no dormancy
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Sep. 01 2005,11:43)]I like forked sundews, I like how they divide and divide and I like how tuberous looks like, but I never had one.
When I first responded to this poll, I wrote D. spatulata. But that was before BigCarnivourKid sent me D. scorpioides gemmae and later on a young D. binata. I must say that forked sundews rock!

Here's a pic of his D. binata, invading the pot of his gemmae:

dscn0188.thumb.jpg

And here is that same D. binata, flowering, a few months ago:

s_Wed_084.thumb.jpg

Today I'd have to say D. scorpioides. They tend to take turns. They are all great, I've never met one that I didn't like !

my heart is in a tuber.. wait a second, my heart is for the tubers

Any Drosera that has glue drops has my vote. I love them all.

D. capensis

I luv it!!

Zac

I love all sundews, but there will always be a special place in my heart for D. capillaris. It was my first cp and you know you always have thing for your first --sniff sniff.

Though it may not be the most spectacular, I think they are great!

I like the King of em all....

Drosera regia, Don't have one yet, but I hear those things are monsters

I love my lil D. admirabilis. It's flowers are amazing, and it curls rather than wraps around bugs, and I like its shape.

-Ben

D. slackii. The most red sundew that I have seen. Are really impressive when they get to be 3 inches across.
Lois

D. angelic

King Sundew. I love the way it twists and coils.

D. falconeri. Big plant with big lamina pads, and can be all red!
Peter.

D.meristocaulis holds its dew in a really awesome shape. But the one I love the most is Drosera Neocalidonica. Completely unique in its environment, sometimes looks woolier than a wolly sundew. I love it, but I don't got one yet. :-(

Back