What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi,

I took some pictures of some seeds i have. They are rather bad, but i think the form and structure can be recognized. Now i wonder, if the seeds are really seeds of these species, or if i had bad luck once again.

Here are the pictures :

Drosera admirabilis

Drosera burmanii (x)

Drosera capillaris

Drosera collinsiae

Drosera derbyensis

Drosera esmeraldae

Drosera intermedia_'roraima' (x)

Drosera montana 'pink'

Drosera nidiformis

(x) : The seeds are from my plants.
Christian

Hi,

This is the microscope i used :

mikroskop.jpg

It's out of a biology kit, that some children have. So its not a good one. I made the pictures simply by holding the lens of my Digitalcamera over the microscope. I used the highest available resolution (2048 x 1536) of my camera and a magnification of 75 on the microsope. The main problem was the light. As you can see, the mirror lights the seeds from below, but to see the structure of the seeds, you need light from above. I used a simple light-buld for this. The pictures i posted here, are cut-outs of the original pictures.

@Matt : I already have a Homepage. You can see many pictures of my plants. At the moment, you can find only my growlist and all of my pictures in the english version.

Christian

Back