What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

halloween candy

Howdy everyone,
Yesterday I fed my d. capensis a tiny bit of sweettarts candy. I hope it enjoyed all the acid in it.

All this water is condensed around the candy piece and its on the side of the leaf. The sundew isn't dead and its been probably over 12 hours since it had the candy.

I don't think candy will do it any good. It needs nutrients like phosphorous, nitrogen and stuff like that, not sugars.

SF

ROFL thats funny as heck thou, droseradude
laugh.gif

Thanx losfreddy. I don't want any BAD effects on the plant, though. Its fine if it doesn't help it very much. Like I said, maybe the acid in the 'tart' in sweettart will give it a digestion-enzyme boost.

Experiemnts are always good. Keep us posted as to the results of your experiment. That's the most critical part!

LOL, it's better than Barry's experiemnts with.....ugh.....human flesh! Muahahahah!

Not much is happening since I fed it. It looks like the piece is covered in dew, like a giant blue dew drop.

It's probably getting a sugar buzz
tounge.gif

smile.gif

yeah dude, keep us updated. Im corious to see what happens

Hay I fed my vft some of my flesh!
mad.gif

Back