What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S AAALLLIVE! WHAHAHAHA!

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S AAALLLIVE! WHAHAHAHA!

I planted some D. capensis seeds about a week ago and have been checking them each day.  This morning, for the first time, there were four little green sprouts (actually, my fiance was with me and she pointed them out.)

I don't know how many I'm going to get because I soaked the whole pack of seeds for 3 days and then poured them onto my peat/vermiculite (2:1) mix.

Congratulations! Be prepared to wait a couple of months before they get big enough to eat anything.

Good growing!

SF

Good job on those seeds.  

Congrats! I know how awesome it feels.
smile.gif

hehe, pretty exiting eh? are those the seeds i gave you or are they from somewhere else? Zongyi

Speaking of D. capensis, did those seeds I gave you Zongyi_Yang ever sprout? I had a crazy sucess rate with them.

If they are the same ones here is what the grown up plants will look like

My%20Pictures0015.jpg

ah, yes, they sprouted a week after i got them. i thought i told you already, but maybe i got too exited
biggrin.gif
. the rotundifolia is still in stratificaiton. my capensis is still producing ovalish leaves, and are not like lines yet. they are getting pretty big now
biggrin.gif
. i got a few seeds capensis seeds from some other kind people too. ive sown theres in separate pots too and all of them are doing fine. i believe i gave some of the seeds you gave me to cchang when i met him
laugh.gif
. Zongyi

Ahhhh... so you (Zongyi) gave me D.Capensis seeds from Seedling. Then I should be thanking both of you for your generosity.

I already had a D.Capensis from Schloaty but since Zongyi included them in our trade, I figured I'd try growing more sundews from seed. They are very pretty the way they glisten.

The feeling is quite different than say purchasing one from a store or acquiring from trade. Almost proud and satisfying.

On a seperate note, Zongyi, how's that N.Tobaica doing that I gave you? Let me know through PM as this is the Sundew area.

Cchang & Zongyi I have a D.capillaris and a D.spathulata that are about to flower. I dont want to count my chickens before they are hatched but if you guys dont have any of these let me know and I will put you first on the SASE list (Ontario crew has to stick together)

Andre... you just made my day:D I have some other CP's coming in and if I have any extra left (or when I start propagating them), I'll send them your way. Update me on your growlist.:D

thanks Andre. you gotta give me your growlist too and maybe we could work a trade
biggrin.gif
. oh, and cchang, the tobaica is doing fine
biggrin.gif
. its pitchering now! still pretty short, but a very fast grower
biggrin.gif
. thanks. Zongyi

More have sprouted this morning. How exciting!
biggrin.gif

Back