What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic of my sundew

dadelaeleaf_jpg.jpg

This shows the newest complete leaf.

here's a pic of mine that i took tonight, its not very clear cause i only have a webcam, but check it out
adale.jpg

cat.jpg

then one of my cat, cause he's just so cool.

That's nice leaf Nflytrap. I want an Adelae, I just never got around to buying any LFS moss or the plant itself and now it's too late. I have to wait til spring to get one. I enjoyed the pics though. Oh, and Myke your cat is cool. Thanx

Hey LA Traphole..  D. adelae is a tropical species and has no dormancy, it should be readily available year round. Its also a common plant found in many nurseries and home centers. There is no reason you should have to wait till spring to start growing this great and very forgiving plant.

Cheers
Steve

Im pretty sure its an Adelae.

It came in a little cup which said "Gublers Orchides" Drosera spp.

They showed 2 dif species of drosera on their website.....D rotundifolia and D. adelae......so that clinched it.

Hmm. I didn`t know they sold d.rotundifolia......a temperate species! Are you sure it wasn`t a spat?
rock.gif

Does D. adelae grow easily from seed? Does anyone know where I can find seeds?

Drosera adelae rarely sets seed so you'll have a hard time finding some.

Sean.

My plants occasionally make a few seeds, I have never sown it though since this species is almost too easy from root cuttings. Unless there is a different clone to pollinate the flowers, there really is no advantage in growing from seed: the F2 geberatiion will be identical to the F1 generation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Nov. 10 2003,5:15)]Hmm. I didn`t know they sold d.rotundifolia......a temperate species! Are you sure it wasn`t a spat?
rock.gif
Gublers Orchids.....

Unless they IDed the pic wrong...its D. rotundifolia.

Very nice Adalae you have. I use to have an adalaes but they all died for some odd reason.
rock.gif
Like the cat too...
biggrin.gif

Travis

I got a small amount of seed set by rubbing old and new flowers together, on different spikes. Unfortunatly I dicovered the flower stems bruse VERY easily (no, it wasn't me
mad.gif
) and then drop dead. Hopefully I will have a few spikes in a couple of months to try again with!

George

Back