What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filiformis Red

From sunny and warm South Florida; My D. filiformis Red formed a hibernacula and I am hesitant to put it in the fridge with the rest of my sleeping beauties because Tamlin has not had good luck with this and if he has not...I surely will not.
I am thinking of putting it outside in a large covered cooler with a container of frozen water at night and then leaving the top off during the day...cold nights...I am guessing 40 degrees...and cool...probably low 70...sunny days.
Anybody think this will work?  
rock.gif

I need to make a pretty quick decesion as I have already doused it with Clearys.
wow.gif

Keep it cold but above freezing would be my attack. Most importantly, keep the photoperiod at natural daylength for the season.

Hello,
my filformis 'Red' just did that same. Im keeping it cool, but not damp. It outdoors under a bench, so it gets plenty air to keep damp-off and fungus at bay.

Back