What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My pygmy pot

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Ok, my design is quite simple.  I took a 8 inch diameter pot...  (7.5 inches tall)  and split it up.
  I used small pots and cut the bottoms off of them.   There really isn't much more to explain.   I have enough space for 11 sp. here and they all have their own designated area.   Yes, they will share the same root space (but who wants to transplant these anyway?) and since the bottoms are open... water getting to the top now for the baby plants shouldn't be a problem.
Enjoy!!
pigmypot.jpg

Andrew

I tried something like this a couple years ago. Be very careful that the gemmae planted in each section does not wind up in another section after watering. Many pygmies can be difficult to tell apart from each other.

You can't tell from this angle but those edges do stick up a little.  and I don't plan on watering too much from the top.  If I do, I have a few different methods that are pretty relaiable and safe.  How did it work otherwise?
also, if I do mess them all up... Tamlin will have a fun time with that... LMAO
Andrew

After the first gemmae season you will have a garden of unidentified pygmys Andrew. These gemmae pop out and propel a good distance, and I am not the best taxonomist regarding this section of Drosera despite your confidence in me! IMO, individual pots are the only way to go.

Yay. Kind of like square foot gardening. Great idea Tamlin.

Back