What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone,

While everyone in the Northern Hemisphere is busily collecting gemmae from their plants, and Tamlin is frantically sending out SASEs full of them, down here in Australia the pygmy Drosera are in full flower and putting on a stunning display. Here are a few shots from my collection that have opened recently. This is what Tamlins recipients can look forward to in a few months.

Firstly, a closeup of a Drosera echinoblastus flower-

Drosera%20echinoblasta%20261003.JPG

Next, a shot of Drosera callistos flowers-

Drosera%20callistos%20011103.JPG

A shot of Drosera callistos to the right and Drosera echinoblastus on the left-

Drosera%20callistos4%20011103.JPG

A closeup of a Drosera leucoblasta flower-

Drosera%20leucoblasta%20flower1%20221003.JPG

A closeup of a beautiful orange flowered form of Drosera pulchella-

D.%20pulchella.JPG

And finally the same Drosera pulchella with a few flowers-

Drosera%20pulchella2%20121103.JPG

In the next post you'll see some pale flowered species- D. ericksoniae, D. dichrosepala, D. paleacea ssp. stelliflora and D. helodes.

Regards,

Sean

Wow Sean, really nice display of pygmies! You do not seem to have mosses growth problem in your pots... Any hints about this?
rock.gif
Mosses are sometimes a problem for me with those species...

Wow! magnificent plants! This will be a great thread. The flowers are so important in identifying.

Sean,

I have a pot labeled D. callistos which did not flower so the ID is sort of unconfirmed. Do you know if D. callistos makes gemmae that are round and thick (sort of like the paleacea ssp.'s but thicker) and could you post me a photo of the rosette close up?

Back