What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filiformis filiformis

I have a drosera filiformis var. filiformis bud stored away in some moist LFS in the vegetable drawer of my refridgerator.

I put it there earlier this month. I think I should take it out in early February. How do I repot it and how do I take care of it for the remainder of winter?

I also have the same questions about a sarracenia purpurea venosa and a VFT. ^_^'

Please help.
smile.gif

Be careful you don't kee these plants too moist, esp. the D. filiformis hibernacula: they are very prone to rot, esp. in the veggie drawer. The hibernacula should be stored just barely moist. Just take them out and re-pot them into a clean medium and resume seasonal care in the spring: there isn't anything more to it then that. If you have some other cool area you can utilize that has better air circulation, I recommend that you use it instead of the fridge.

Back