What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 by 4

matti

BANNED
dear ppl.
since it is winter in the northern hemisphere i would
like to c some pics of ur tuberous drosera
biggrin.gif

Good call, I'd like to see some tuberous pics as well!

George

By the next few days, I should be able to post few ones:

Drosera peltata
Drosera macrantha ssp macrantha 'Pink flower'
Drosera modesta
Drosera lowriei
Drosera stolonifera

So when I'll have few spare time, I'll go take some shot of these in my basement.

Here is few quick shots (It is always quick shot with me lol... I should take some time to have neater picture though...)
I'll write the name as they were on the label when I received the seeds/tubers, so don't be mad for a binomial nomenclature for now... but I appreciate the correction, to update my labels! Can a form be written between quotation marks? Anyway, here they are:

Drosera macrantha ssp macrantha 'Pink Flower'

Dmac.jpg

Sorry, the plant isn't at a good place, but here is why: I rarely throw away my old substrate, and I reuse it for potting up differents plants. Even if this technique is a bit risky for spreading contaminants/pests, I never had any bad experience for now regarding this. And more, this is a easy way to save the forgotten tiny tuber lost in the old soil, just like this one, growing along with S.rosea, which I discover this summer. I found another one in my Nepenthes alata pot...

Dpelt.jpg

Drosera peltata (New South Wales, Australia) with an emerging stalk

Dlow.jpg

Drosera lowriei 'Golden green form' just coming out of soil.

Dstol.jpg

Few Drosera stolonifera ssp stolonifera plantlets coming out of soil. I were never able to grow them a little more high than this, probably a soil and/or fertilization problem, but I hope to improve my skill with them this winter.

In the next days(week?) I'll try to take some picture of others currently growing plants:

-Drosera modesta
-Drosera peltata (N.S.W. Australia) mature plants
-Drosera macrantha 'Rock outcrop form'
-and a tiny plant of Drosera neesii ssp borealis or Drosera heterophylla

And I'm still waiting for these tuber to come out of dormancy

-Drosera stolonifera ssp rupicola 'Light bronze'
-Drosera stolonifera ssp stolonifera 'Swamp form'
-Drosera stolonifera ssp rupicola 'Maroon form'
-Drosera erythrorhiza ssp magna
-2 differents unknown tuberous Drosera
-Drosera zigzagia
-Drosera tubaestylis