What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera schizandra

I recently purchased a digital camera and I have taken some pics of my schizandra. I have not found this plant to be difficult to grow, although it is a very slow grower. Under very humid conditions, the roots will even grow over the surface of the medium of NZ sphagnum. I grow the plants outdoors year-round in a terrarium in bright light with no direct sun, although the plants would probably grow even bigger with more shade.
The first pic is of a 5-6in shizandra. The third pic shows the fuzzy surface roots of this plant along with plantlets started from leaf cutting. The fourth pic is of shows plantlets from leaf cutting.
Michael's%20CP%20048.jpg

Michael's%20CP%20037.jpg

Michael's%20CP%20049.jpg

Michael's%20CP%20034.jpg

Very nice pictures!  Well, my schizandra's leaves are no longer rotting - at the moment. looks like a good misting, cutting off the dead leaves, and changing the tank water did the trick.  I've go my eye on them still.... not out of the woods yet I fear.

-Homer

Back