What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bylbis fruit

Hi everyone, does anybody know if u can eat bylbis fruit?
wow.gif
tounge.gif
thanx
biggrin.gif

p.s. you'll never- well never mind
wink.gif
tounge.gif

i don't believe there are any edible cps out there so i would not try , i don't think its poisonous , but it would be a waste of time .

And seeds!
If you get too many seeds I,and most members I think,would give them a good home!

CP's have been used as ancient remedies by native peoples for an extremely long time. Also, I know several people on the forums (you know who you are , lol!) have tried Nepenthes necter and Drosera dew. I've tried Drosera and Sarracenia necter before,and the Sarracenia necter tastes kind of good....

biggrin.gif

as far as byblis,no idea, but i would love to grow some! my original byblis seeds got washed away....

Since when did Byblis make fruit?
rock.gif

click here

(from Barry Rice's page, galleria carnivora)

JLAP, yes, I think people used ping leaves for some kind of curing purpose.

Fruit being used there refers to the seedpod. If you eat it all you'll get is a mouthful of seeds and Byblis tissue along with a waste of seeds.

Oh, ok. it still looks cool though, like a peach on a bylbis. And yeah, it would be a waste of seeds to eat them.
tounge.gif

So my speculations have been proven! All of this secret identity stuff is over! Drosera dude and captain drosera are one and the same! You've been saying: "You'll never guess my secret identity, but I did... I think? Sorry that was kind of weird, but the package wrapping frenzy makes me hyper.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif
rock.gif
wink.gif

Talking about edible CP's, the nectar of a nepenthes is pretty sweet lol. Taste like very sweet honey.

Yes,ping leaves were used to make cheese.

lots of cps have different uses , check out barry rices website for more info , the venus flytrap is even used in medicine , but theres a big debate about it , i think it was used to help cure cancer . ping leaves were used to curdle milk to make cheese , but i would know if the cheese tasted good .:D

Back