What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.indica

2003121518491757643.jpg

the flowers are purple...
2003121518493497537.jpg

sorry-off focus
2003121518501158143.jpg

can you see them?

Nice pics!! Its great to get out and see whats growing in your own back yard, makes me want to get out there and go exploring. I was thinking about heading out tomorow but the weather forcast is for 37, a bit hot to be hiking around, but maybe a trip in a couple of days to the highlands to look for summer growing tuberous Drosera and Utrics.
biggrin.gif

George

I love seeing Drosera in their natural habitat! Thank you very much for the wonderful photos of Drosera indica as it appears in Hong Kong!

Yes!!!
it still appears in Hong Kong.....but not many!
i go there once a year for taking photo and collecting seeds.

I'm feeling bold today, so I'll ask the question that some are dying to know but don't want to be rude:
What do you do with the seed you collect? Sow, trade, hand-out to e-friends? You can PM me if you like, lol.
The pics you took are really great. I think that is the first time I have seen D. peltata outside of Australia.
It makes one wonder how these species were distributed.
D. indica got the farthest, making it to S. Africa, while D. burmanii and D. peltata got to about the same distance from Australia, right. I am just assuming that AU is the starting point, since there are so many similar things there.
Why did other annuals like B. liniflora and D. glanduligera not make it that far?

Regards,

Joe

Nice pictures! As Tamlinn, I always enjoy to see fieldtrip's results! Can you name us the carnivorous plants species ocurring in your area?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Dec. 15 2003,05:33)]I'm feeling bold today, so I'll ask the question that some are dying to know but don't want to be rude:
 What do you do with the seed you collect? Sow, trade, hand-out to e-friends? You can PM me if you like, lol.
 The pics you took are really great. I think that is the first time I have seen D. peltata outside of Australia.
 It makes one wonder how these species were distributed.
 D. indica got the farthest, making it to S. Africa, while D. burmanii and D. peltata got to about the same distance from Australia, right. I am just assuming that AU is the starting point, since there are so many similar things there.
 Why did other annuals like B. liniflora and D. glanduligera not make it that far?

Regards,

Joe
i will collect some seeds for personal use,not for trade,may be for seeds exchanging, to increase my growlist.
the others i will sow them on the other native habitat for increasing their production.
2003121420253473832.jpg

2003121420254785983.jpg

200312142026989205.jpg

I grew them by seedling last year.

We should all be so lucky to have native sundews and other cp to harvest a little(note the word, "little") seed to trade for increasing our growlist-or just to go on hikes and look at, for that matter. I have never seen any Drosera in the wild.
I noticed your form has very short lamina, compared to other forms. Most that I have seen have very long lamina, and honestly, I thought the stalk of D. indica was tentacled some because the spacing between lamina and their overall length make them appear like that in photos.
Your photos proved educational for me!
wink.gif

Regards,

Joe

Back