What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

byblis seed

Hi everyone,

I got my first byblis (liniflora) a few days ago, and it had 2 seed pods with it. anyway, some of the seed I put in the fridge and some on some peat and perlite under a flourescent light, extremely close to the bulb. The Savage Garden says to refriderate seed, but this one site says that the seed is able to sprout by just sowing them "immediately." Any tips? Thanks
P.S. From experience, can anyone tell me how long it took for your byblis liniflora seeds to sprout? thanks again
oh, from what I saw in an old byblis post, 2 week germination and lots of heat helps.

With byblis, you did the good thing of sowing em quickly. Make sure the seeds aren't burnt by the extreme closeness of the bulbs, but as long as the light levels are good and the seeds are fresh, you are looking at new seedlings quite soon. THe best is not to keep looking at em lol, they'll come when thet come.Good luck-Zach

Ok, thanks. One of the seed pods was kinda old maybe, probably already open for some time, and a few of those seeds may be in the container. the other seeds from the other pod are fresh.

Back