What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which pygmie is easier to grow

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Which of these to pymies is the easiest to grow? D. nitidula x occidentalis, or D. nitidula pulchella? Also could you give me some growing instuctions on the one that you pick? THanks

God bless,
Wes

actually , all pygmy sundew are easy to grow and can be as easy as that weed d. capensis . you should get that book the savage garden for more info . otehr then that , i would choose D. nitidula x pulchella .

That's where I found the two, Thae S. Garden.  I just wanted some more opinions and personal growing tips. Also, can either one of them be grown in the windowsill. What is your personal growing experince. Any growing tips?

they can both gorw on the windowsil as long as there is a good amount of light .

Hey Wesley,
I only grow D.niditula X pulchella (its very easy), but I am sure both are equally easy to grow.  I grow my plants uncovered (i.e. no humidity protection/ covering) on a south windowsill in about 60% peat and 40% sand.  They really are very easy pygmies, great for a beginner with pygmies.

Cole

Ok, thanks.

Easy? Yah, as long as you don't transplant them.

Tamlin's article will start an addiction, just to warn you
wink.gif

I take my pots out and use a magnifying glass to check mine out almost everyday.So far, with advice from Tamlin and BCK,none of mine have been hard to grow. I am new so most of the gemmae I have recieved have started growing very good.
Mark Wilson

Back