What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pygmies dividing?

Okay, last year when my nitidula x pygmea developed a second head I thought I had just missed the second one and it always had two. Last month, after developing gemmae, I noted that the two heads were separating.

Today I see that my oreopodion has a second head and is rapidly developing into a second full sized plant, this happened after gemmae production.

Also my nitidula x pulchella has also developed a second head.

Lastly, the nitidula x pygmaea has separated into two plants. They are no longer clumped, but side by side and getting less entwined. This is an incredible process. I am going to try to catch this on film, in picture.

I know that this was not just gemmae that was trapped next to the plant because the gemmae from the plant is growing nicely, but still very small. The second head, and half of the plants are fullsized and new arms are starting to grow between the heads, furthering separation.

I think the nitidula must be responsible for the plants of that mix.

Coolness. It makes sence though, lots of pleants split appart around the time they reproduce in other ways. Like VFTs
smile.gif

Back