What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hong Kong sundew

D.burmannii
200412722321555.jpg

200412722450324.jpg

200412722522293.jpg

D.oblanceolata
200412722345160.jpg

20041272243671.jpg

200412722432564.jpg

Wow! More great photos! Next time the ICPS has an International conference again in Asia, I think your city could qualify as a host with these local cp around.
Does D. burmannii grow in the Winter(I noticed the title of the pics) only there? On the ICPS seedbank it lists that species as a Summer annual, same as D. indica. Granted the seed currently there is Australian, but I find it a little strange that it would chhose to grow in the Summer there, and in the Winter in Hong Kong. Maybe I am missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Joe

Those plants have such great coloration! Thanks for sharing!

SF

Gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing . . . keep them coming.

Different season with different feelings!
Spring's sundew photos will coming soon!

I can see D.burmannii growing every season. One D.burmannii can produce thousand of seeds per annual,it may be more!So I don't sad for its dead!
tounge.gif

WOW o_O What subspecies of spatulata is that? It's got to be the reddist one I've ever seen!

Looks like a D. Spatualata 'Lovellae' to me!

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Here is a photo of Drosera spatulata 'Ruby Slippers' (Name pending) which is from Kowloon Peak, Hong Kong and my Drosera spatulata {Lovellae?} (lower photo) appear a lighter red than these. Both are growing side-by-side and were photographed in identical conditions:

d_spatulata_Ruby_Slippers_B2.jpg

d_spatulata_Lovellae_Q_.jpg
</span>

Back