What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, the D. pulchella coral flower & nitidula ssp allantostigma are dying.  If any of you recall, they were producing gemmae like crazy so I shared the wealth and posted a little giveaway last month.  The gemmae that I kept for myself are growing well along with the rest of my pygmy Drosera.  

My question: Is it a normal pygmy lifecycle to die after producing gemmae for months on end?  
rock.gif

-Homer

They often go into sharp decline: they are tired. Try reducing the watering and keep them cool, they often return to vigor after resting a bit. It is not part of their life cycle to die after making gemmae: winter is their growing season. They just need a little more attention after gemmae formation.

Thanks. I'll try to give them some special attention. At least if they don't come back I'll have numerous young pygmies to take their place.
smile.gif

-Homer

Back