What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Binata x D intermediate cuba

im going try to cross my D.binata with a D intermediate 'cuba' (if i can catch the d inetrmediate flowering, the D binata flower is opened all the time becuz it has about 25 flower buds i think.). D. intermediate is self pollinating but D. binata is not...also the D binata flower is twice as big as the d. inetrmediate flower... will it work?
also i have no experience in this . What i plan to do is to pluck off the pollen stanmens use the pollen on the differrent.
Im sure someone has created this before...
thanks

Wes,

I have never heard of a successful cross between these species, but if you want to try the experiment, read Ivan Snyder's protocol on the Article Forum on cross pollination technique.

By all meens try it! Although the cross will probably not work you will never know if you don`t try,if you do succeed it would be quite an acomplishment!
smile.gif

Back