What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I thought you guys would want to see a pic of a young Drosophyllum I had brought to last Saturday's NECPS meeting:

20040214-CP-Drosophyllum%20lusitanicum-juvenile.jpg

20040214-CP-Drosophyllum%20lusitanicum-juvenile-overhead.jpg

I have to thank Vertigo very much for the seeds I got late last summer!

The seed for this plant was lightly sanded with an emory board and placed on moistened vermiculite in a 2 inch pot sitting in a tray of 1/4 inch deep water, outside, in an area protected by an overhang so the seeds wouldn't get washed away by rain. It sprouted about a month later on 10/27/03. It was transferred a few days later to this 8 inch terra cotta pot which contains equal parts of sand, perlite and vermiculite. As it grew it looked like a 'Y' shaped pair of bug's antennas. I stuck a few fruitflies to each new leaf which I think helped it be more vigorous.

It's winter here, so for the time being it is currently grown under fluorescent lights (the leaf tips are about 1 inch away from the bulbs). I water it once every week and a half, from the bottom with 3/4 inch rainwater which the soil quickly absorbs. I had another one sprout indoors under lights.

Thanks again Vertigo!

WildBill

! cool! I need to aquire one of those.
nice plant, looks great!
wow.gif
wow.gif

Thanks.

I wanted to share what I did since there are still a few packets of seed available on the ICPS seedbank.

WildBill

Cool man:p I wish I was a member of the icps,but I bought the new dixie chick cd instead:p .

Back