What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transplanting seedlings

Hello All,
I have 6 out of 8 species of sundews that are growing really well.
I was wondering if it is time to transplant them? They are in small Gladware containers and I want them to grow in some 4' pots I have.My burmannii seedlings are in the lead and some I can see dew on the traps already.Most of them have 2-3 leaves now,is it time?
I like then alot and this being the first time I grew CP's from seeds I don't want to screw up.
Thanks in advance,
Mark W.

Oops, proof read after posting.I'm not growing them in 4' pots 4" ones.I don't have that much room
laugh.gif

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Depending on your level of confidence in your own cultivation abilities, you can transplant them at any time. I like to transplant mine with a dissecting needle and magnifying lens when they have just sprouted. The earlier it is done the easier it is to avoid any root damage.

BTW, at any time when you are logged in to your username, you can click on the "edit" button on the top of any of your earlier posts and make any necessary changes.</span>

Thanks alot, I will transplant them tomorrow and hope for the best.I have about 12 of them growing so maybe I will just transplant a few.Wish me luck.
Mark W.

sounds like its time to transplant
biggrin.gif

Oh, pm me on the dart frog issue too...
smile.gif

I have the symilar conditions and I am just letting them grow togther into a big net of sundews where no bug can escape but mine are in a plastic costco deli pack with humididy dome.I think it is preference relly

I have found thatthe best way to transplant seedlings is to use a toothpick and scoop the entire seedling with roots still in soil and place the mound into a depression in new pot.

Back