What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera natalensis ???

Hi Rico, I think it's one of these;

burkeana.jpg

but that's all I can tell you
smile.gif
. My plants came as seed from the UK CPS Seed Bank as D. burkeana, but don't look like other growers forms of this species and I don't know what it is either. The leaves on your plants look very similar to mine, particularly the hairy, flat petioles, though my plant looks hairier. My plant is about to flower in the next few weeks, I'll soon know if they are also the same as yours. I'm very interested in any I.D. ideas with this one too.

Cheers

Vic

Looks like a plant that I used to grow years ago under the name of Drosera sp. Cape South Africa.

Does not look like a D. natalensis to me. The lamina appears to be too rounded. I guess there is a huge amount of variation with D. natalensis though, so who knows it might be.

Are you sure it's not D. spatulata? (only joking!!
smile.gif
)

Sean.

Hi Rico,
Looking at the flower I would say that that plant is infact D. natalensis
Andrew

Now, I know it is a real Drosera natalensis!!! The flower details show it clearly. A german Drosera expert verified this
smile.gif

Thanks to all
smile.gif

Back