What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D adelae

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
M adela pruced three plantlet a couple months ago. They are still round leafed and only ~1/2". Is this typical?

Yep! They won't get the long lance shaped leaves until they get a little bigger. Until then they sort of resemble D. spatulata.

smile.gif

BCK

I noticed the root plantlets are developing faster than one that sprouted off a leaf. The one from the leaf, while its bigger, has no lance shaped leaves. One on the root looks like it is producing one though.

Yea I found one at Lowes that had "one root in the compost heap", but it stood about 6". I thought it would be fun to see if trimming the dead leaves would make it grow any faster......uhhhh......no it didn't mine had the same growth your's does now. I remember the new leaves at the top of the stem were growing slower than the plantletts.

Try upping the light levels. D. adelea likes more light then the D. spatulata.

Yea, I put mine outside Saturday, and will probably ieave it there till the Texas sun hits 100 degries in the shade:;):

Back