What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few D. dichotoma pictures

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hey all.. I was fooling around with the camera and got a few fairly decent shots of my D. dichotoma.  Hope you enjoy.
smile.gif

Here is the plant a couple weeks after I got it. (cuttings courtesy of Capslock)
dicho9503003.jpg

Here is the same plant today:
dichotoma3-20-04001.jpg

dichotoma3-20-04003.jpg

Here are a couple close up pics shooting through a small hand held magnifying glass...
dichotoma3-20-04005.jpg

dichotoma3-20-04008.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Thank you for sharing your pics - especially the magnifying glass - my favorite CP tool.

cool. It reminds me of my D. binata, but on steroids ;)

Great pics. I have five D. binata dichotoma and they get BIG. And eat, man oh man do they ever.  I am trying to trade off a few of them since they take up the whole top shelf of my grow space.
smile.gif

Oh LOL, you mean it IS a D. binata, just a really big form? LOL, that would explain the similarities.

Drosera binata var. dichotoma is the form of this species with leaves which divide into 2-8 points, most typically into 4. From what I can see, all your leaves divide into two points, so this looks like a large 'T' form of D. binata. Nice big healthy plant though.

My D. binata var. dichotoma to illustrate what I mean.

dichotoma.jpg

Vic

Hmmm, I bought a D. binata var. dichotoma and it's leaves only split once.

It is a very healthy plant you have there, no doubts.

Regards,

Joe

When young a D. binata var. dichotoma has leaves that only fork once. As the plant matures it forms extra forks.

Sean.

Thanks Sean, About how long before I can hope to see multiple splits would you say? That plant is *maybe* a year from date of cutting... would have to ask Capslock to be sure. I got them in late July of 03 and you can see it was very small then.

Thanks
Steve

I just confirmed with Capslock that his plant does indeed split to multiple points. So we'll see what happens with mine as the season wears on. Thanks for all the replies
smile.gif

Cheers
Steve

Back