What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top on a terrerium

I bought the terrarium from pft. I was wondering if it was supposed to have a cover on top? All mine came with was a black plastic ring that snaps on. I've put plastic wrap over the top and puting the ring on, is that ok or should i leave the top open

Leave it open! CPs need fresh air, and the terrarium provides enough humidity even with the top open.

Capslock

thx I'll take it off, glad i asked

i covered mine up and my plants are doing great. I let air in it everyday so it cam breath.

I've thought of taking it off before but i think my plant got used to the high humidity and when ever i left it off the dew evaporated.

All my tanks are semi-covered. I keep them open enough to let in air so there is some air movement to prevent stagnation and mold.

yeah i have holes in my top so the air is circulating and everything.

I found that with a glass lid can be slid to allow for variation of opening size. My cps do a lot better under glass. It can get dry here and they will not dew unless there is a lid.

I use glass also Copper. I had the pieces cut for the terrariums at a hobby shop. I can slide the glass in a variety of positions to allow a little or a lot of air in. Has worked well for me. I even had a round piece cut for a round terrarium.

Back